Pastor Stephen Grant?

Stephen Grant is the pastor at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church on eastern Long Island. Grant is one of the more unique second-career clergy around, as he once worked for the CIA. Besides theology, his interests include archery, golf, writing, classic films, the beach, poker, baseball, and history. Grant also knows his wines, champagnes and brews. Oh yes, he generally dislikes politicians, and happens to be an expert marksman with a handgun and a rifle, while being pretty handy with a combat knife as well.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

From Warrior Monk: A Pastor Stephen Grant Novel ...


So, what is Pope Augustine I's answer to the question, "What does the world see when it looks at the Christian faith?"

In Warrior Monk, the Pope writes:

Too often, it is conflict and division. We should be saddened and ashamed that Christian unity is so lacking. After all, Jesus specifically prayed: “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.  The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.” (John 17:20-23)

We can – and will – debate the degree of unity necessary, but Christians certainly must achieve much more than what exists today. While progress has been made, we have fallen far short of Christ’s desire.


Get the book at CreateSpace or at Amazon.com here.


No comments:

Post a Comment