Pastor Stephen Grant?
Stephen Grant is the pastor at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church on eastern Long Island. Grant is one of the more unique second-career clergy around, as he once worked for the CIA. Besides theology, his interests include archery, golf, writing, classic films, the beach, poker, baseball, and history. Grant also knows his wines, champagnes and brews. Oh yes, he generally dislikes politicians, and happens to be an expert marksman with a handgun and a rifle, while being pretty handy with a combat knife as well.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
10 Big Reasons to Dive Into the Pastor Stephen Grant Novels
1. On MURDERER’S ROW, Kirkus Reviews says, “Action fans will find plenty to love here, from gunfights and murder sprees to moral dilemmas.”
2. Kirkus Reviews also gives a big thumbs up to THE RIVER: “A gritty, action-stuffed, well-considered thriller with a gun-toting clergyman.”
3. MURDERER’S ROW: A PASTOR STEPHEN GRANT NOVEL by Ray Keating was nominated for “Book of the Year 2015” by “BookTalk” on KFUO radio.
4. THE RIVER: A PASTOR STEPHEN GRANT NOVEL was a “Book of the Year” finalist in 2014.
5. From a Washington Times review of THE RIVER written by a pastor and former CIA officer: “What Ian Fleming's 007 series has probably done for ex-MI-6 agents and Tom Clancy has done for retired CIA officers, Mr. Keating has done for the minority of former CIA agents who have served their country by working in the intelligence community, but now wish to serve God.”
6. The host of KFUO radio’s “BookTalk,” calls Ray Keating “a great novelist.”
7. Marvin Olasky, editor-in-chief of WORLD magazine, lists Ray Keating among his top 10 Christian novelists.
8. Lutheran Book Review says: “I miss Tom Clancy. Keating fills that void for me.”
9. Best-selling novelist Paul A. Maier declares, “ROOT OF ALL EVIL? is an extraordinarily good read.”
10. WARRIOR MONK was ranked as a Top 10 book on a WORLD magazine June 2013 list.