Pastor Stephen Grant?
Stephen Grant is the pastor at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church on eastern Long Island. Grant is one of the more unique second-career clergy around, as he once worked for the CIA. Besides theology, his interests include archery, golf, writing, classic films, the beach, poker, baseball, and history. Grant also knows his wines, champagnes and brews. Oh yes, he generally dislikes politicians, and happens to be an expert marksman with a handgun and a rifle, while being pretty handy with a combat knife as well.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Top 10 Reasons Why Lutheran Pastors Should Read Warrior Monk: A Pastor Stephen Grant Novel
9) You’ll never sing or listen to “A Mighty Fortress” the same way again.
8) ST. MARY’S Lutheran Church? What’s that all about?
7) Pastor Grant is not shy in laying out the differences between the ELCA and the LCMS.
6) Grant eats food far more interesting and tasty than anything ever served in a Lutheran church basement.
5) Grant is smart, athletic, handsome, and attracts beautiful women. He’s like James Bond in a collar. Jealous?
4) Admit it – you want to go on television and put a member of the media in his place.
3) During long council meetings, your mind occasionally wanders to how handy it would be to possess lethal skills, like Pastor Grant.
2) A Lutheran pastor called on to protect the pope? Ironic? Cool? Or both?
1) How many guys from seminary did you meet who used to kill people for the CIA?