Pastor Stephen Grant?
Stephen Grant is the pastor at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church on eastern Long Island. Grant is one of the more unique second-career clergy around, as he once worked for the CIA. Besides theology, his interests include archery, golf, writing, classic films, the beach, poker, baseball, and history. Grant also knows his wines, champagnes and brews. Oh yes, he generally dislikes politicians, and happens to be an expert marksman with a handgun and a rifle, while being pretty handy with a combat knife as well.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Top 10 Reasons Why “Warrior Monk: A Pastor Stephen Grant Novel” by Ray Keating Makes for a Great Summer Read
9) Plenty of gun play – as it should be in any fun summer thriller
8) A beautiful spy in a yellow bikini with white flowers and a white, mesh sarong driving a Mustang convertible
7) A handsome, athletic pastor with a mysterious past who happens to be handy with a Glock and can hotwire a yacht – don’t see that everyday
6) Dinner at the Lobster Roll – some of the best summer dining on the South Fork of Long Island
5) Fighting current-day bad guys with bow and arrows, and some swordplay
4) Few do barbecues better than Grillin’ with the Monks
3) Mocking annoying politicians and loopy Hollywood types – fun during the summer, or any other time of year
2) Playing golf and talking sex
1) Murder, terrorists, romance, an assassin, poison, humor, the CIA and a pope – what more could you possibly want in a great summer read?
Get the book at Amazon.com here.